Croatia is a marvelous holiday destination country situated in southeast Europe. This country is surrounded by the gushing blue waters of the majestic Adriatic Sea. The rich architectural history of Romans and Europeans makes this tourist destination one of the spectacular places to explore during holidays. There are numerous must-visit places in Croatia that any traveler will be thrilled to explore. Yet the current Covid-19 situations have implemented some significant restrictions for the safety of traveler’s health. Hence to get hold of all the essential travel information of Croatia during COVID-19 read along the given below brief listings. Plan your journeys with complete safety & enjoy the best destinations from the further list of the safest places to visit in Croatia.
Travel Guidelines to Croatia During Covid-19
- Passengers are completely barred from entering Croatia from 15 May 2021, onwards according to current travel guidelines of Croatia. Exceptional countries include: nationals of Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Vatican City and their family members;
- Croatia has also banned entry for all passengers coming from the UK with some exceptions for Croatian citizens as follows:
- Travelers who possess a long term residence permit or a long term “D” visa issued by Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden or Switzerland are allowed for arrival;
- Residential Travelers coming from Australia, Korea, New Zealand, Rwanda, Singapore, and Thailand are allowed to enter as well;
- Those passengers who are just transiting via Croatia by land to a third country with a maximum stay of 12 hours are allowed to stay under-regulated travel restriction guidelines of Croatia.
- Passengers who possess proof of paid accommodation in pre-advanced bookings can also stay in the country.
- Passengers traveling due to business reasons with an invitation letter from a company in Croatia can also visit the country.
- Passengers possessing a diplomatic passport & visa for traveling on duty are allowed to travel in Croatia.
- Passengers traveling as students, merchant seamen & military personnel carrying certified proofs of their travel can also arrive in Croatia.
- Passengers arriving from Brazil, India, South Africa, or Tanzania (Zanzibar only) must show a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 48 hours prior to travel for arriving in Croatia.
- Whereas, passengers arriving from countries other than Brazil, India, South Africa, or Tanzania (Zanzibar only) must:
- Have a negative COVID-19 PCR or rapid antigen test (taken at least 48 hours before arrival) or The rapid antigen test that must be listed on https://tinyurl.com/b57mretv; can enter the premises of Croatia or;
- Possess a COVID-19 vaccination certificate that is fully accomplished( or 2 doses complete). The last vaccine dose must be subjected to the traveler at least 15 days prior to arrival in Croatia; or
- Possess a COVID-19 recovery certificate that is issued at least 12 days or 180 days before arriving in Croatia or;
- Those who couldn’t depict a negative COVID-19 PCR test result or rapid antigen test will be subjected to a test upon their arrival at their own expense and self-isolation for up to 10 days will be administered to those travelers for secured transits.
- Minors who are younger than 7 years & are accompanied by their parents or legal guardians do not have to showcase a negative COVID-19 PCR test result.
- Non-residential passengers have to fill an “Enter Croatia Form” presented upon arrival. The form can be submitted online before departure too. You can access the form by clicking here.
- All the passengers have to fill in the “Passenger Locator Form” that must be presented upon arrival. The form can be found here
- For more latest updates for Croatia Travels visit here
List of 5 Famous Places to Visit in Croatia
Korcula is s famous place in Croatia to visit that is known for its architectural beauty and monumental attractions. Incredibly constructed towers & cathedrals adorned with a unique set of carvings are amongst the major hotspots of tourist attractions in this town. Wandering across the city with marbled streets & compact old town lanes makes the experience more realistic & memorable. The rest of the time can be, nonchalantly, spent at the splendid beaches of Korcula. You can also try out the traditional meals of Croatia at a village Konoba (tavern) here. It’s a complete package of vacation in Croatia that suits best for a family holiday
Split is the epitome of legendary towns in Croatia. The rich historical emblems of this town which are intact in their full glory make this place to visit in Croatia one of the astonishing wonders you must not miss. A popular monument, Diocletian’s Palace, built between 298 and 305 AD is one of the world’s most prominent Roman remains of Croatia. The maze-styled streets of this town are the signature section of Split which leads the travelers to numerous bars, shops, and restaurants. You can also escape the city’s hustle by visiting the marble-paved Riva known for its spectacular views & soothing restaurants along the water’s edge. If possible you can try shopping for souvenirs at the Green Market, swimming at Bacvice beach, hiking and cycling on the scenic Marjan hill in Split.
Read More: Famous Monuments of Croatia
3. Plitvice National Park
Plitvice National Park is another splendid destination in Croatia that suits best all the nature lovers out there! This is one of the best places in Croatia to visit that is renowned for its beautiful natural wonders all across Europe. Plitvice National Park comprises several breathtaking lakes, waterfalls, and lush green forests that cleanse your body and soul from incessant stress. One of the top tourist attractions at this park- 16 interconnecting lakes that are segregated into upper and lower clusters best-suited for explorers to relax in the rejuvenating natural waterfalls. Lakes range in distinct colors from turquoise to blue, green, and gray all across this park premises. Visitors can explore the areas by walking along with the assortment of wooden walkways already built for maximum ease.
Cres is an extraordinary Adriatic island in Croatia. This island is known for its rich architectural heritage. You will be amazed to see the 16th century built Venetian Tower & Arasan Palace still standing in their best form without any degradation. You can also stroll along the Tramuntana region in the north or try exhibiting the tiny Osor- a walled town on this island. In between, there are endless gorgeous beaches, outlined by beautiful hilltop villages and the vibrant-hued harbor. Surely this popular place in Croatia to visit is the ideal destination for those who seek a peaceful gateway to relax and wish to enjoy quality time with their loved ones.
Read More: Best Waterfalls in Croatia
Pula is a spectacular city situated at the southern tip of the Istria peninsula. Surrounded by the majestic Adriatic Sea this is one of the top tourist destinations in Croatia that has been attracting tourists since ancient Roman times. People used to gather at this legendary amphitheater to watch gladiator fights in this city during the old Roman times. Now those monumental attractions are the significant highlights of this city to exhibit. The 1st-century Roman amphitheater also referred to as the Arena, is one of the largest and best-preserved architectures of its kind in the whole world. Every year in July, the Arena is hosts a Pula Film Festival to celebrate its epic cultures and traditions. Other major historic places to visit here are the old city gates, arches, monasteries, a Byzantine chapel, a Venetian fortress, and the Forum, etc.
Read More: Major cities in Croatia
Hope you enjoyed this list of top 5 places to see in Croatia that are infused with astonishing adventures & sightseeing monuments. There are many more incredible tourist hotspots in this nation that any traveler would love to explore. But the current pandemic situations have barred a lot of fun due to security purposes. Yet, the aforementioned travel guidelines in Croatia during COVID-19 will help you plan the vacations more easily & safely. Till then keep getting updated from such engaging travelogues here at Adequate Travels. You can also try out our Adequate Travel app available on Play Store, for further notifications regarding offers and COVID-19 updates.
The post Latest Travel Restrictions to Croatia | Top 5 Places to Visit in Croatia appeared first on World Tour & Travel Guide, Get Travel Tips, Information, Discover Travel Destination | Adequate Travel.