The vast expanse of Venice’s largest square is made to seem almost intimate by the elegant uniformity of its architecture on three sides. In this article, we will guide you with the hotel close to Piazzo San Marco. Piazza San Marco is loved and considered as Venice’s living room, the place everybody gathers, strolls, drinks coffee, stops to chat, tour guides and meets friends or just passes through on the way to work or play. You see here the three sides are framed in arcades, beneath which are fashionable shops and even more fashionable cafes. The open end is bookmarked by the erratic, exotic curves, swirls, mosaics, and lacy stone filigree of St. Mark’s Basilica. For overviews of this busy piazza, you can go to its top or to the top of the Torre dell’ Orologio, where a pair of “Moors” strikes the hour.
Why You Must Visit Piazza San Marco?
The Piazza San Marco has been the city’s main gathering place for centuries, as the only public square in Venice. Piazza San Marco is surrounded by landmark attractions, open-air cafés and, including San Marco Basilica and the Palazzo Ducale, it’s the natural epicenter for any visit to the City of Canals. The square is actually laid out in a trapezoid shape that widens as it approaches the basilica. Despite the crowds that throng it in summer and the rains that flood it in winter, St. Mark’s Square offers a memorable Venetian experience in every season.
1. Hotel A La Commedia
Hotel A La Commedia is set in a historic building. It is a popular hotel near Piazza San Marco Venice. It is considered in the best hotels near Piazza San Marco. From this hotel, just 200 m you get Piazza San Marco. Hotel A La Commedia offers you with free WiFi, air conditioning. La Commedia Hotel is fully restored and opened in 2006. It is located opposite the Goldoni Theatre, next to the Grand Canal.
Why Hotel A La Commedia?
- From the terrace enjoy romantic views of Venice.
- Wi-Fi is provided for free in the whole hotel building.
- Hotel A La Commedia is a great choice of travelers interested in romance and ancient landmarks.
Address: San Marco 4596/A Corte Del Teatro Goldoni, San Marco, 30124 Venice, Italy.
2. Residenza Ca’ Brighella
Residenza Ca’ Brighella, hotels near Piazza San Marco is set in Central Venice. From this hotel, Just 5 minutes walk you get St. Mark’s Square. This beautiful hotel offers you free WiFi, air conditioning hall. Each bedroom has a sofa, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, an equipped kitchen with a fridge and a dishwasher and 2 bathrooms come with a hairdryer.
Why Residenza Ca’ Brighella?
- A 10-minute walk from Rialto Bridge, 800 m from La Fenice Theatre and a 5-minute walk from the San Zaccaria Vaporetto water bus stop.
- The hotel offers Authentic Italian Food.
- It is a great choice of travelers interested in History, ancient landmarks, and romance.
Address: Calle de la Corona Castello 4744/a, Castello, 30122 Venice, Italy.
3. Residenza Veneziana
Residenza Veneziana is a beautiful hotel near Piazzo San Marco Venice. Just 300m walk you get St. Mark’s Square. This amazing hotel offers you rooms include a private bathroom with free toiletries and hairdryer. You also get here WiFi, air conditioning hall as well room. Each bedroom has a bathroom come with a hairdryer, a sofa, a flat-screen TV with cable channels.
Why Residenza Veneziana?
- Piazza San Marco is a 5-minute walk from the hotel, and Rialto Bridge is 800 m from the hotel.
- You get an Italian breakfast of coffee and croissants are brought to your room each morning.
- Residenza Veneziana is a great choice for couples.
Address: 4967 Castello, Castello, 30122 Venice, Italy
4. Hotel Palazzo Guardi
Hotel Palazzo Guardi, hotels in Venice near st mark’s square is situated in the area named Accademia of Venice. Just 10 minutes on foot take you Piazza San Marco and the Rialto Bridge from the hotel. Each room gives you an original charming atmosphere with modern comforts. Hotel Palazzo Guardi is spread into 2 buildings, one features a beautiful breakfast hall decorated with authentic. The other offers a magnificent original lounge, with a breathtaking view over the canal.
Why Hotel Palazzo Guardi?
- Enjoy staying in a vintage 15th-century property like 15th-century wooden beams.
- It is a canal facing hotel.
- It is a great choice for travelers interested in museums, churches, and photography.
Address: Calle del Pistor, Dorsoduro 995, Dorsoduro, 30123 Venice, Italy
5. Rosa Salva Hotel
A list of hotels near Piazzo San Marco is incomplete without Rosa Salva Hotel. It is one of the most historic hotels in Venice and is set just 100 m from St. Mark’s Square. This amazing hotel offers you rooms include a private bathroom with free toiletries and hairdryer. You also get here the WiFi and air conditioning room. The hotel staff will be delighted to share local knowledge and offer recommendations for the best places to eat and drink.
Why Rosa Salva Hotel?
- Rosa Salva Hotel is easily reached by water bus, making it easy to get to and from Piazzale Roma and Santa Lucia Train Station.
- You get here a varied buffet breakfast.
- WiFi access is available throughout the hotel.
Address: San Marco 951, San Marco, 30124 Venice, Italy
Morettino is set in central Venice. Just 250 m you get Piazzo San Marco. Morettino offers you with free WiFi, air conditioning room and hall. Each bedroom with parquet floors has a flat-screen TV with cable channels, and the private bathroom includes either a spa bath and shower.
- Morettino is just 2.3 km from Venice Santa Lucia Train Station.
- The hotel offers you a spa.
- Morettinois a great choice of travelers interested in romance and ancient landmarks.
Address: Sestiere San Marco -Calle Zorzi 1161, San Marco, 30124 Venice, Italy.
7. Mascherone Apartment
Mascherone Apartment is set in the heart of Venice and a luxury hotel near Piazzo San Marco. From this hotel, Just 200 m walk you get St. Mark’s Square the famous church. This amazing hotel offers you free WiFi, air conditioning hall. Each bedroom has a sofa, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, an equipped kitchen with a microwave and a toaster, as well as a coffee machine.
Why Mascherone Apartment?
- The San Marco Zaccaria Vaporetto waterbus stop is 350 m from the hotel.
- The hotel offers authentic Italian Food.
- It is a great choice of couples.
Address:4764 Calle Castagna piano terra, Castello, 30122 Venice, Italy
Read More: Best hotel near Berlin Wall Memorial
8. Venezia Arsenale Biennale
Venezia Arsenale Biennale is set in Venice and a hotel close to Piazzo San Marco. From this hotel, Just 800 m walk you get St. Mark’s Square the famous church. This amazing hotel offers you free WiFi and air conditioning rooms. Each bedroom has a sofa, a flat-screen TV with a DVD player. Rooms are equipped with a kitchen with an oven and toaster. There is a private bathroom with a shower and a bidet.
Why Venezia Arsenale Biennale?
- Venice Marco Polo Airport is 8 km away.
- You get an equipped kitchen with a microwave and a toaster, as well as a coffee machine.
- You get to benefit from the terrace.
Address: Castello, 2297 2 piano, Castello, 30122 Venice, Italy.
9. Studio Canova
Studio Canova is situated in the best location in Venice. From this hotel, 2,2 km you get Piazzo San Marco the famous church. This amazing hotel offers you free WiFi and air conditioning rooms, visit the hotel near The Reichstag Building. Each bedroom has a sofa, a flat-screen TV with a DVD player. Rooms are equipped kitchenette with a dishwasher and a microwave.
Why Studio Canova?
- The hotel features city views and is 2.2 km from the Ducal Palace and 2.2 km from Piazza San Marco.
- You get a washing machine and a bathroom with a bidet.
- You get a shuttle service to Venice Marco Polo Airport.
Address: Fondamenta Zorzi 522, Dorsoduro, 30131 Venice, Italy
10. Corte Vecchia
Corte Vecchia, hotels near St. Mark’s Square is set in Venice, a city of romance. Around a 30-minute walk from this hotel, you will reach Piazza San Marco and Ca’ d’Oro. Each room includes a wardrobe and a private bathroom equipped with a shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries.
Why Corte Vecchia?
- You will a continental Italian breakfast is served daily.
- The nearest airport Venice Marco Polo Airport is just 10.5 km.
- Peggy Guggenheim Collection is a short walk from the Corte Vecchia.
Address: Dorsoduro 462, Dorsoduro, 30123 Venice, Italy.
So these are the hotels near Piazza San Marco Venice, with respect to its price and hospitality. You can choose according to your pocket and comfort zone. You also get a cheap hotel near St. Mark’s Square as well as a luxury five-star hotel.