Denmark is a beautiful country in Europe that comprises several islands and spectacular bridges connecting different cities altogether. One of the famous Öresund bridges connects the country even to Sweden. There are endless seashores and islands that serve as one of the ideal & safest places to visit in Denmark during Covid-19. Despite the hot weather, it accounts for the most splendid summer holiday destinations in Denmark that can never leave you regretful or bored with its offerings. Yet, taking into consideration the seriousness of the Corona guidelines here are updated guidelines with a complete guide to aid you in exploring Denmark without any health difficulty or transportation hustle during the ban or lockdowns hours of Denmark.
Traveling Updates in Denmark During Covid-19
- Denmark is reopening the country for travels during Corona in four phases.
- Phase 1 will take place on April 21 and comprises lifting the ban from weekly travel along with colored maps of infection areas in & outside the country.
- Countries open for travel after April 21st are: Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand
- Phase 2, will start on May 1, where all the Danes and foreigners with negative Covid-19 test results or vaccinated certificated will be allowed only for traveling.
- The tourists coming from Red listed areas include: Bangladesh, Botswana, Brazil, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe, and the region of La Réunion will be subjected to testing and quarantine periods of 14 days, even after their arrival in Denmark.
- All persons entering Denmark from a country placed on the yellow list will be exempted from the isolation requirements.
- Phase 3, will take place from May 14, also planned for the vaccination day in Denmark plans for the oldest and those aged over 50, with at least the first jab.
- The non-essential purposes tours in Denmark receiving tourists from orange countries in the EU and Schengen Area will be eligible to roam around without any restrictions only if they are also vaccinated or recovered from the Covid-19 completely.
List of Places to Spend Summers in Denmark
Skagen is the first and foremost essential destination which any tourist must not miss in Denmark, especially during the summers. This is an immensely beautiful beach that stretches endlessly covered by golden sand and gushing waves. This is one of the best places to visit in Denmark during the summers. Whereas the glistening waves through the beams of sunlight on the exclusive north of Skagen make it a quiet and calm surrounding perfect for leaving the stress of the pandemic behind. On another Grenen beach, you can witness an epic phenomenon of the Baltic and North Seas coming together. At this beach, if you got lucky you can even spot the shiny & cute wild sea lions across the shore. For more city experience you can stroll along the colorful pedestrian street Sankt Laurentii Vej for some shopping. Skagen Gray Lighthouse (Det Grå Fyr) running from 1858 is the major attraction for travelers which a knack for history. It is open throughout the year so enjoy your stay at this astonishing amalgamated travel destination of Denmark.
Mon is a fabulous island in Denmark that is popular for its calm and nice countryside. The covid-19 outbreak has already messed up our positive approach towards life hence a place full of surreal farms & a pristine atmosphere will surely do some good to your internal peace of mind. The major attraction of this island is – Møns Klint. It is a rough white chalk cliff nestled just adjacent to smashing sea where you can witness the shredded white traces of chalk in the tropical lagoon of turquoise water. For exploration, you can visit Stege town that is perfect for food and shopping. Another coastal town Klintholm Haven comprises beautiful rental apartments and an amazing fish buffet restaurant for enjoying the scrumptious Danish foods. This is surely a must-visit place in Denmark to spend summers during Covid-19.
Read more: best cities in Denmark
Bornholm is one of the top unexplored places in Denmark for, summer holidays of 2021. It is based far off in the Baltic Sea separated from the rest of Denmark by Sweden. It might seem a bit tricky to reach this adorable destination but you can normally take a train to Ystad in Sweden and then catch a ferry onwards. This destination is famous for its distinct, rugged, and rocky coastline that is, mainly calm and comprises shallow coasts in Sjælland where you can spend a nice soothing time with your family & loved ones. The signature must-try dish of Bornholm is the smoked herring which is super tasty. A popular Dueodde beach infused with impressive fine coarse white sand on the Southern tip of Bornholm makes this destination full of joy & summer fun. You can take back some astonishingly artistic pottery items for which Bornholm is renowned in the whole country.
Lolland might seem like a bad joke from the Insta-chats pursuing the LOL culture! But this is the best adventurous hotspot in Denmark which all the excited tourists must explore. You can visit Lalandia water park for the water fun under the shiny sunny weather of Denmark or go to Knuthenborg Safaripark for spotting some exotic animals from all over the world. Alike its name there are numerous cute & creative towns in Lolland that are worth checking out, such as Nysted and Nykøbing Falster. These towns have houses colored in a complete Disney fashion with all the shades of pink, blue, yellow & what not! In fact, the pedestrians are also painted with unique abstract art all across the towns. There are complete arrangements of vacation rentals, overlooking the beach with stringent preventive measures against Covid-19. This is one of the good places to visit in Denmark 2021 that any adventure seeker mustn’t miss!
5. Music Festivals
Music Festivals are the essential vibe of Denmark. You’ll see Danish people going crazy for the tickets to musical events. These events are the soul of the country where you can have a closer look at the folklores & traditions of Denmark. Your trip can’t be complete without attending one of these places in Denmark for summer vacations. Some of the music events that are still happening in Denmark even after the Corona outbreak across the world are:
- Copenhell: This is a Copenhagen city musical event for all the heavy metal music lovers out there. Ranging from rock to all metal genres you can experience the best band performing here.
Read more: Important monument in Denmark
Dates: 16 June 2021 – 19 June 2021
- Roskilde Festival: This is one of the largest music festivals in Northern Europe. In fact, it was the most initial musical event in Denmark which was made exclusively for hippies. This is an 8-day festival where numerous artists from across the globe participate and let their music tell all the stories efficiently.
Dates: 26 June 2021 – 3 July 2021
Itinerary List for Packing Essentials
- The Denmark summers are pleasant instead of hard-hitting and tiring. Hence pack your summer weeks such as trendy tank tops and comfortable shorts.
- Pack, supremely comfortable pair of shoes which helps you in strolling around the country’s renowned places or rough pathways of Denmark’s villages and towns.
- Pack some party wears if you wish to enjoy the beach parties while attending the music festivals at the beach venues.
- The most significant things to pack are your visa, passport, currency, and Covid-19 test results or vaccinated certificates for clearing the entrance into the country with personal sanitizers & face marks as obvious measures.
Read more: Best Adventure Sports in Denmark To Explore
Hope you all liked the briefly listed updated guidelines for tourism in Denmark & opening hours for tourists coming April 21. There are many more exciting places to visit in Denmark but since the lockdown has been implemented, only a few exhilarating spots for spending the summer holidays at ease in Denmark have been delineated with utmost detailing. The top 5 places to visit in Denmark are total beauty and suffices your summer trips in all forms. Still, if there’s any quarry regarding the booking or information please feel free to comment below. For more interesting travelogues like these keep visiting Adequate Travel Blogs.
The post Complete Travel Guide For Denmark Tour after Corona| Top 5 Places to Visit in Denmark Summer Holidays appeared first on World Tour & Travel Guide, Get Travel Tips, Information, Discover Travel Destination | Adequate Travel.