Qatar is all about luxuries and euphoric moments of life. This middle eastern country has completely nailed in hospitality & traveler’s satisfaction. Therefore, every year numerous tourists plan their holidays despite the hot summers of Qatar. This year due to the pandemic a wide shutdown was seen in Qatar tourism. Yet this country managed to accustom some of the safest places in Qatar to visit even during Covid-19. There are other concerns regarding the travel such as what are the restrictions in Qatar for travelers? And so on. Hence bless yourself with this brief guide on the latest Covid-19 tourism updates in Qatar along with a list of the 5 best places in Qatar to explore this year!
Top Covid-19 Updates on Qatar Tourism
- All the passengers arriving in Qatar must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test (taken at least 72 hours before arrival). The test results must be issued by a testing center that is approved by the local government. (Such conditions do not apply to Umrah passengers arriving from Saudi Arabia).
- The passengers arriving must have a quarantine hotel reservation for 7 days pre-booked from: https://www.qatarairwaysholidays.com/qa-en/welcome-home-7-night-booking/overview.
- Passengers arriving from Australia, Brunei Darussalam, China, Cuba, Hong Kong (SAR China), Iceland, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Macao, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Myanmar, New Zealand, Oman, Singapore, Thailand, or Vietnam are absolved from hotel quarantine periods.
- Vaccinated passengers coming from foreign countries must know that the accepted vaccines in Qatar include AstraZeneca, Covishield, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, and Pfizer/BioNTech.
- Passengers who took only single doses of the above-mentioned vaccines must arrive atleast 14 days after the vaccination.
- Nationals and residents of Qatar who did not receive the second vaccine dose at least 14 days before arrival, will be subjected to home quarantine for 7 days.
- Passengers younger than 18 years residing in Qatar with family members or traveling solo must have a COVID-19 vaccination certificate and must’ve received the second vaccine dose at least 14 days before arrival.
- Passengers older than 75 years in Qatar with one escort stay in the same place as the escort.
- All travelers must install the Ehteraz app for updated guidelines & much more.
- Effective from 29 April 2021, passengers arriving & departing through Qatar from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, or Sri Lanka must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 48 hours before departure.
- Effective from 29 April 2021, in reckon to the recent outburst of Covid cases in these countries passengers arriving from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, or Sri Lanka must have a quarantine hotel reservation for 10 days pre-booked from: https://www.qatarairwaysholidays.com/qa-en/welcome-home-7-night-booking/overview.
- Oman (neighboring country of Qatar) is currently not accepting any passengers from India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh due to the recent surge of Covid-19 cases in these countries. Anyone who resided in these countries in the preceding 14 days won’t be permitted to enter till further notice in Oman.
List of Top 5 Places to Visit in Qatar 2021
1. Film City
Film City is one of the immensely popular mystic tourist destinations in Qatar. No one has yet figured out the beginning of this amazing place in the middle of the desert. Still, it’s a good place to visit in Qatar during Covid-19 as the city reflects the old Bedouin villages and the villager’s life in the Gulf region immaculately. It is widely known for the serene beauty and amazing desert atmosphere that eases your mind & soul. Many believed that Film City was built as a set for a movie or television series, but no one is yet certain how it came into being. Nevertheless, such an element of surprise keeps the visitors entertained and relax during their summer holidays in Qatar.
Read More: Most Visited Monuments in Iraq
2. Museum Of Islamic Art
The Museum of Islamic Art is nestled in the heart of Doha. Its unique architecture already wins all the attention of visitors. It is situated on its own private island whereas the design of the building is the main highlight because it appears that the museum is afloat on water from certain angles. Housing over 15000 manuscripts and texts with rich historical significance this is the perfect place in Qatar to visit during holidays. The precious manuscripts and texts have been collected from across the globe. Such collections become the main highlight for the visitors to be in complete awe when they visit here. You will exhibit textiles, pottery, glassworks, etc. collected from countries like India, China, Spain, Iraq, Turkey, and so on in the display. The Islamic explorers will be thrilled to administer the holy Quran from the seventeenth Century(surely a rare exclusive piece in the whole world!).
Read More: Best Cities to Visit in UAE
3. Inland Sea
Island Sea is an ideal holiday destination hotspot in Qatar. This place will perfectly sync with the adventurers who are looking for a beach party and tonnes of water activities in Qatar. Inland sea is also renowned by the name of Inland Sea of Khor Al Adaid. Since it is a natural reserve recognized by UNESCO you might catch the most extraordinary phenomenon where the sand dunes meet the sea during high tide here. With such a surreal landscape surrounding the site, it’s hard to ignore this incredible tourist destination in Qatar 2021. You can also spot rare species of turtles and dugongs, at Khor Al Adaid under a self-sustainable ecosystem of its own.
4. Doha Desert
Qatar tour won’t be complete without exploring the Doha desert & trying the popular adventure of dune bashing in the golden sands of the Doha desert. Dune bashing is regarded as the most popular desert adventure in the entire Middle East. Doha is amongst the best place to visit in Qatar majorly to experience dune bashing & savor the scrumptious traditional Arab cuisine amidst the breathtaking scenery of Doha. Tourists are usually picked up from their preferred location in Doha and dropped back in the main city once the activity is over, so don’t worry about getting lost in the middle of the desert(searching for water all alone!).
Read More: Best Cities in Qatar
5. Souq Waqif
Souq Waqif is the wonderland for the ultimate shoppers out there! You can find all sorts of traditional Qatari souvenirs at the oldest market shops in Qatar. Souq Waqif houses numerous mud-ridden traditional shops and Qatari buildings that sell some of the super unique and glorious traditional handicrafts, varied spices, pieces of jewellery, and much more. Along with incredible things to buy in Qatar you will also find the finest restaurants of Qatar where people can either sit indoors or help enjoy the feasts at beachfront restaurants with an exhilarating view of the entire city. Surely, these features make it one of the must-visit places in Qatar that any traveler mustn’t miss.
Essential Things to Pack
- Sunscreen, hats, summer vacation clothing, water shoes, insect repellants, reusable water bottles & goggles.
- In First aid kids, apart from casual meds for a loose motion or usual fever, this time you must not miss an ASTM-certified surgical mask along with a cloth mask(to practice the double masking technique) & well-adjusted sets of sanitizers for personal protection.
Read more: Top travel essentials after COVID-19
Hope you guys have regained the lost hope of traveling again after such a harrowing year of pandemic all across the world. Qatar is the best place to spend your vacations in the ideal luxurious and stress-free environment. The isolated location and well-maintained measures of the government make this the safest place to travel during Covid-19. Mesmerizing desert activities and scrumptious Arab cuisines, with your loved ones, is totally perfect according to this year’s terrible experiences. Try out the given list of best places to see in Qatar & don’t forget to read the initial updates regarding Qatar Travel during Covid-19 surges according to their government guidelines.
For more updates and engaging travelogues keep visiting Adequate Travel Blogs. Till then be safe, keep your masks Up!