If you are visiting Rome, you might think it is difficult to keep their attention on the wonders of Ancient Rome. But sometimes those Ancient Romans did some strange things that you might find fun facts about Rome.
Everyone knows well about Rome, ask yourself what do you know about its interesting facts? You might be knowing well about Rome, but please have a look at these fun facts about ancient Rome.
Some Facts about Ancient Rome
1. Rome was founded by two brothers who were nursed by a she-wolf. The two twin brothers named Romulus and Remus and were discarded soon after their birth. They were fed by a she-wolf on the banks of the Tiber, who took them in and fed them. The boys grew up to found a city. But like every brother, both had an argument about who would be the ruler of their new city, and Remus was killed. Romulus became the ruler and named the city after himself as Rome.
Read More: Some Interesting Facts about Rome
2. The Ancient Romans worshipped several different gods and goddesses. Each god and goddess had their specialty, Venus is worshipped if you had a problem in love and Janus when there is a change in your life. Even sometimes the emperors became gods, and the Romans also imported goods from other countries.
3. Sometimes the Romans flood the whole Colosseum or Circus Maximus for a boat battle. Big boats covered with warriors fought it out in the water and were complete down to the live props, like alligators.
4. Have you ever wondered why the ancient stuff is so much lower than the street level? That’s because, after so many hundreds of years, the city has pointed up, building on top of the building.
5. Vestal virgins were chosen when they were of age less than ten-years-old. They brought to the temple where they would live for the rest of their lives. In Ancient Rome, vestal virgins were like a priest. They ensured that Rome’s sacred flame did not go out and govern over many of Rome’s religious rites.
6. Two hills of Rome have given their names to the words related to their roles in Ancient Rome. The Capitoline Hill, where the most important goods were lent its name word “capital.” While the Palatine Hill, where the emperors made their palaces, lent its name word “palace.” There are many more Ancient Roman words that are found in English today, such as the months of the year.
7. Romans used to eat dormice and other foods like the flamingo.
Suggested: Fun Facts about Rome
8. They used to eat dinner while lying down on couches. If you were invited to a dinner party in Ancient Rome then you would be shown to a room lined with couches, not with tables and chairs. They used to prop themselves on their left arm and they use their right to bring their food to their mouth.
9. Ancient Rome used to cover in graffiti, just like today. Usually, their graffiti was scratched into stone and not painted on with color.
10. It is the fun facts about Rome that the Romans used to wash their clothes in urine. Because urine contains ammonia, ie a powerful bleaching agent, ancient Romans used to wash their clothes in pee. At many street corners, public urinals were there that men could use and their contents were collected every day and brought to the laundries.
Read Related Post
Here we have been provided you the list of some fun facts about Rome, which will be helpful for the visitors. If anyone required to know the amazing facts about ancient Rome please go the provided blog because it is represented as per visitors requirement. If you liked our article please like it, comment and share it as per your requirements.
The post Fun Facts about Ancient Rome appeared first on World Tour & Travel Guide, Get Travel Tips, Information, Discover Travel Destination | Adequate Travel.